HEAD OF PATHOLOGY SERVICES (KANSAS, USA)
Date of the offer: 06/11/2018
Our US based facility located in Kansas, is looking for Head of Pathology services.
We are looking for a highly driven candidate with significant experience in toxicologic or investigative pathology in a Contract Research Organization or pharmaceutical industry, who are looking for an exciting and rewarding leadership position in a dynamic and reputable international CRO.
- Provide scientific expertise in pathology according to sponsors requirements;
- Provide scientific and technical leadership
- Perform/supervise pathological and histopathological examinations;
- Manage the pathology group and ensure prudent allocation of resources;
- Perform pathology peer reviews and mentor other pathologists;
- Oversee the technical activities in necropsy and histology to ensure delivery of high quality services;
- Write pathology reports in support of the toxicology program;
- Train and manage employees; coordinate tasks, schedules and activities;
- Manage and monitor employee performance and provide regular feedback;
- Promote interaction/collaboration between Pathology and other disciplines.
Qualification & Requirements
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (or equivalent) and formal Residency training in Veterinary Pathology is required. PhD is desirable but not required;
- Board certification by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP) is required;
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in nonclinical drug development in a contractual research or pharmaceutical environment;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant management experience in a contractual research or pharmaceutical environment.
Work Culture & Environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Benefit plan including medical and dental coverage, 401k plan.
- Team work oriented environment.
The Citoxlab Group is a global preclinical service provider with facilities in France, Canada, the United States, Denmark and Hungary.
Citoxlab offers a comprehensive range of pre-clinical services to meet the needs of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical companies worldwide. These include general and reproductive toxicology, carcinogenicity, bioanalysis, immunology and safety pharmacology with special expertise in areas such as inhalation or intra-nasal toxicology, radiation safety (ARS), NHPs and minipigs.
If you believe you have the required qualifications, skills and experience and are interested in joining a stimulating work environment where excellence and team work are important values, let us know of your interest by sending us your application.